We all have the ability to write or learn how to. Not only prose or stories but writing anything from lists to journals.
Writing For All
There is a value in writing down our thoughts, whether in writing or digitally. Or possibly dictated and transcribed.
Things go at a different pace when we write
People write because they want to create, because they want to develop ideas, clear their head or for fun. Some do it for work.
When we write we are forced to make sense of things in our head and put them down on paper or screen. It can calm our nerves and bring clarity to situations.
It is also a way of communicating with others. From simple greetings cards to long letters and baring our souls in poems or story.
What Can you Write?
- Thoughts - answers to questions, daily diary, notes
- Stream of conscience - whatever comes to mind. Possibly from the past
- Stories - or non standard / unstructured / planned
- Fantasy / non-fiction
- Gathering together notes
- Letters to others
- Writing whatever comes into your mind (morning pages from that woman)
- setting a time to write
- go to a writing group
- find a writing pattern?
- find a writing partner
- Make it easy for you (carry book / pen with you)
- Experiment with different formats
- Try a morning habit
- Get started small
Clearly I'm biased as I'm writing a blog.