Looking for annual blog posts to do. (Also switched to article every 2 weeks until Autumn)
Over the years these hopefully build up an archive to look to and show a snapshot for yourself and others.
And the best idea I found was an Annual Self Check-in.
An Annual Check-in With Yourself
At the end of year reflections are popular, looking at the year as a whole and thinking of objectives for the next one. I've never been a fan of New Year's resolutions or looking at the year from our arbitrary years. Do it when it makes sense for you.
And a check-in means builds in time for reflection and checking on important things and how they are going. Like servicing a car or a health check-in.
The questions you ask will be your own!
Some Questions to Consider
Any phrase which says "in the last year" could be replaced with "since the last check-up"
- What's my favourite thing at the moment?
- What is the best thing I've done for someone else in the last year?
- What is the best thing someone else did for you in the last year?
- What do I crave in my life?
- What is my best memory in the last year?
- Who would I like to see more of?
- Who would I like to see less of?
- What do I love about me?
- What am I most proud of in the last year?
- What do I need to heal?
- What would I like to do again from the last year?
- How is my sleep / health / dreams / senses now and in the last year?
- How are my finances now and compared to a year ago?
- If I had time, what would I do right now?
- If I had money, what would I do right now?
- What are the greatest challenges I've overcome in the last year?
- Who are the new people in my life in the last year?
- What matters most in my life?
- What are the 5 (or 10 or 25) questions to which you urgently need answers?
- What is the best Film / Book / Podcast / Video I've watched / read / listened to / seen in the last year? (thing I've consumed)
Lets see if any more questions appear!
I'll answer the questions and then decide if I want to do it in an article or keep to myself!
What questions would you add for your annual check-in?