Annual Check In - Questions
Looking for annual blog posts to do. (Also switched to article every 2 weeks until Autumn)
[Photo by Jeremy Vessey on Unsplash]
With the motivation of being efficient (or lazy depending on perspective) I was looking for some ideas for articles to write every year, such as Creative Audiobooks and Creative Podcasts.
Over the years these hopefully build up an archive to look to and show a snapshot for yourself and others.
And the best idea I found was an Annual Self Check-in.
An Annual Check-in With Yourself
At the end of year reflections are popular, looking at the year as a whole and thinking of objectives for the next one. I've never been a fan of New Year's resolutions or looking at the year from our arbitrary years. Do it when it makes sense for you.
And a check-in means builds in time for reflection and checking on important things and how they are going. Like servicing a car or a health check-in.
The questions you ask will be your own!
Some Questions to Consider
Any phrase which says "in the last year" could be replaced with "since the last check-up"
- What's my favourite thing at the moment?
- What is the best thing I've done for someone else in the last year?
- What is the best thing someone else did for you in the last year?
- What do I crave in my life?
- What is my best memory in the last year?
- Who would I like to see more of?
- Who would I like to see less of?
- What do I love about me?
- What am I most proud of in the last year?
- What do I need to heal?
- What would I like to do again from the last year?
- How is my sleep / health / dreams / senses now and in the last year?
- How are my finances now and compared to a year ago?
- If I had time, what would I do right now?
- If I had money, what would I do right now?
- What are the greatest challenges I've overcome in the last year?
- Who are the new people in my life in the last year?
- What matters most in my life?
- What are the 5 (or 10 or 25) questions to which you urgently need answers?
- What is the best Film / Book / Podcast / Video I've watched / read / listened to / seen in the last year? (thing I've consumed)
Lets see if any more questions appear!
I'll answer the questions and then decide if I want to do it in an article or keep to myself!
What questions would you add for your annual check-in?